Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Uphill Battle



Let's go check the mail!... A common phrase.  Said many times before by so many people.  Usually an easy task, simple really, isn't it?  Well for me its not so simple.  I live on top of a hill that gives me sensational views and an Awesome wind that keeps away the flies most of the time... I love it up here and love to watch the fog roll in over the valley while I remain in the clear.  Unfourtunatly I live at the top of a Hill ... with nothing else only other houses and fields that surround me.   Everything that is essential for life requires climbing down the hill which, may I add; is almost as hard as climbing back up ... ooohhh climbing up ... thats the part that gets me .... this is not an ordinary incline believe me ... this is straight up... it is, I think, by far the steepest hill in this Town and it is the one I live on top of.  Honestly I do believe living up here is a blessing in disguise ... I need this hill... it is important in my journey ... But I thought I was in WAY better shape before this hill entered my life..  I have never huffed and puffed so much in my life before I moved here...
You know what?  I have made a decision I am going to make this hill My Friend .. you know one that you love to hate but is always there for you on your uphill battles!.. I have decided to start using the hill as benefit .. a sort of routine.  I figure if I walk this hill once a day rain or shine no matter what It will have to become easier and will benefit me drastically ... no matter what my brain tells me to do or not to do; which it does alot this hill will be conquered many times over... I need this hill; this challenge... as the next step in this weight loss journey .. Wish me luck in my Uphill Battle!!

4 comments:

  1. I believe in you, and that you'll do anything you set your mind to... nicely written. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kristy. I know you can do anything you set your mind to do.
    You did a nice job on your blog
    Lv. mom xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Kristy! A great first post! Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone ... I am going to try to update at least once a week ... My Major workout routine starts on Sunday and will hopefully carry on until all this weight is gone and by then will be a part of my healthy lifestyle!!

    ReplyDelete