Monday, August 9, 2010

Convenience Vs Healthy

I'm Just Gonna Pop something in the Microvave  ... such a common phrase ... such a convenience... soooo easy and in 2 mins you have a meal ready to eat ... if you could call it that..  But wait , Now you can get healthier options for the Microwave ... like lean cuisine and Smart ones ... but are they really healthier ... if you actually compare the healthy ones to the "low Fat " ones are they really that much different... check out the salt content most have more than half the daily intake of salt .... nad have you ever felt full after eating one of these "Tv Dinners"?  they are called entrees for a reason ... I am planning to change certain habits ... change convenience into healthy but still make it quick enough that its not inconvenient ... I plan to choose one day of the week as a prep day ... to make wraps, healthy pizzas, soup, and any other healthy meals that I can for the whole week ,... freeze or refridgerate them and have my own grab and go meals that are fast and convenient minus the preservatives and unnessesary salt.. I think a few hours out of one day of the week beats having to prep every day and when you're not in the mood to cook you have it there at your fingertips to just throw in the microwave and eat within mins.  Convenience and Healthy =  A Happy Me 

2 comments:

  1. I think that is an awesome idea!! Thank you for giving it to me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Problem ... thats why I do this!!! thanks for following!!

    ReplyDelete