Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Structure

To Say and To Do are two different things... I have this problem sometimes ....  I need structure but sometimes find a structured life difficult and time consuming... I have come up with a solution for the structure problem in my Journey to a healthier me... I have a binder that is Labled MY JOURNEY... inside this binder there are many different colored tabs each with their own level of importance to my Journey....

The first tab with the color of White is recipes ... this is a place for me to print off all the healthy recipes that catch my eye and give them a home ... If I like them they stay ... If I do not like them they go ... simple as that!

Tab #2 .. colored blue is for water.. there is a calendar in this section to track that I drink enough water every day .. again this is something I struggle with daily and need to work on

Tab #3 ...Has the color red... red zone ... makes sense to me.. I have composed a Weekly Meal Tracker  chart for this section ... there is a place for Breakfast, dinner, supper and snackfor each day of the week

Tab #4....Green for GO... is for exercise... again I Have composed a Daily Tracking Exercise chart that asks me every day What I did... to make sure that I did something that day

And Last But Not Least :
Tab #5... Purple for Walking .... I just use a monthly calendar and write in my walking accomplishment for that day

I also purchased star stickers ... the little ones ... if I reach my goal I get a sticker... it show my progress and if I am reaching my goals ... Childish??? maybe... but for me it helps!!

one problem I also find myself struggling with is the "Out of Sight, Out of Mind" concept .... I need to see this binder to actually use it

for me this works better than me trying to keep track of it in my head for now anyway ... it may seem extreame to some but for me right now it is structure! 

4 comments:

  1. It's not childish at all, if it works for you that's all that matters :). Who cares what anyone else thinks... Do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ... it helps me along the way to do it my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. What works for you is the only thing that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if there is one thing I am good at .. it is not caring what others think Heather... I used to b4 I realized what a waste of my life it was

    ReplyDelete