Thursday, August 12, 2010

Feels Like Fall

Today was much cooler outside... which was good for my daily Hill conquer ... I walked to the mail today which includes another smaller hill in my climb... I stopped to feed the horses on my way up as always ... they run to me when they see me comming now ... they know they are getting treats and they LOVE it!!  they are very friendly and loving animals and they love their apples and carrots ... The hill climbing is going good .. I am sticking to it completly... the second day I didn't get to do it cause the errands I had to do ran into the darkness and I didn't like to do it in the dark ... but since that day it has been every day .... even in the POURING rain ... and I mean tail end of hurricane rain ... there were rivers of water running down the hill with me ... and as I looked down I seen that I was walking faster than the ripples of water were running.... that was going down the hill now ... which I did find pretty hard at first due to the impact and my toes hitting off the front of my sneakers ... but going down is getting easier... as is going up ... not alot easier yet mind you ... but it is a little easier .... I set goals for myself and each day try to beat them ... like I have to get to that tree going at a steady pace b4 I am allowed to stop to break ... it helps alot and helps me stay focused on getting to that tree rather than to the top right away ... my goal is to get right to the top no breaks no stops and not winded .... a long way to go yes but I'm getting there one step at a time!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job keeping up with the hill every day. There really is a sense of pride in setting a goal and sticking to it. We many times underestimate the power we hold.

    ReplyDelete